By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
- When you use this website, you create and upload content - for instance, wildlife observations, photos of nature and your descriptions of it. By putting this information on the site, you are saying that:
- the content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree to this usage, and
- you agree that the content can be used on this site, and
- you agree that your wildlife observations can be made publicly available for wider use, and
- you agree that the content can be used for other legitimate purposes by SEWBReC.
- Wildlife observations collected through this site will be stored securely at the Biological Records Centre (on SEWBReC's behalf) and made available to experts for verification.
- Verified observations will be made available via the NBN Atlas. SEWBReCORD data will be collated alongside other data and made available via SEWBReC's usual enquiry service, Aderyn and the NBN Atlas. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Once verified records have been made available, their use will be governed by the NBN Atlas Terms and Conditions, e.g. use of the data for commercial purposes will not be allowed without written permission from the organisation administering the dataset.
- Please do not submit records to this site that have already been submitted to a Vice County Recorder, a different Local Records Centre, National Recording Scheme or another online wildlife recording system.
- Having submitted a record to this site, please do not submit it to other organisations or online recording schemes. It will be made available to other local records centres, conservation organisations, natural history societies and others with a legitimate interest in the data via SEWBReC and the NBN Atlas.
- You may view wildlife records submitted to this website by other users, but you may not store them, republish them, exploit them for commercial or academic research purposes, or pass them on to any third party.
- Your contact details will be held in a database at the Biological Records Centre (on SEWBReC's behalf) and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about the verification of your wildlife observations.
- Your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties without your permission.
- Your name will be stored as part of the record and may be made publicly available via the NBN Atlas along with the species name, date and location of the record.
- If you submit a record of a species that could be vulnerable to disturbance or persecution, the record will be flagged as ‘sensitive’ and will not be made publicly available.
- Any photographs uploaded to the website can be used by SEWBReC for non-commercial purposes (e.g. advertising events, record of the week). Credit will be given to the photographer.